The meeting was presided over by the Governor in Council, His Excellency Mr. Udom Emmanuel, had in attendance HE, the Deputy Governor, SSG, Chief of Staff, Head of the Civil Service, Honourable Commissioners, Special Advisers, Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Extra-Ministerial Departments.
The business of council today included but was not limited to:
1. The receipt, discussion and adoption of the budget estimates as presented by the Honourable Commissioner for Finance. The policy thrust of the budget proposal focuses on different areas of the completion agenda especially education, healthcare, aviation development, rural area development and industrialization drive.
2. Consideration of amendment to be made to the Akwa Ibom state College of Education establishment law.
3. Review and assessment of school reopening status report.
4. Review and assessment of COVID-19 status update.
5. Receipt of Status report from the Executive Chairman of Akwa Ibom State Investment Corporation (AKICORP).
6. Takeover of Unity secondary commercial School, Oduk,Ikono Local Government Area
Upon conclusion of deliberations, meeting was adjourned to a further date.
Comrade Ini Ememobong
Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Information & Strategy